Reginald Elias Kirey
Assoziierter Forscher der Forschungsstelle "Hamburgs (post-)koloniales Erbe"
- Arbeit über Erinnerung an den deutschen Kolonialismus
Überseering 35 #5
Raum: 02081 (Westflügel)
- PHD in History, University of Hamburg, 2015 - 2020
Dissertation: "Collective Memories of German colonialism in Mainland Tanzania/East Africa"
- Postgraduate education: MA (History), University of Dar es Salaam, 2008-2012.
- University education: BA with Education majoring History and Geography, University of Dar es Salaam, 2002-2006.
- 2006-2007: Teaching African and European histories at Machame Secondary School.
- 2007-2009: Teaching History of Africa at Chang’ombe Demonstration Secondary School.
- October, 2009 - June, 2015: Teaching the following history courses at the University of Dar es salaam:
- HI 368: Oral Histories in Tanzania, Theory.
- HI 262: History of East Africa.
- HI 266: War and Warfare in World History.
- HI 364: Industrialization and the Rise of Working Class in Britain.
- HI 267: Survey World History of Science and Technology, Part I & 11
- HI 366: Environmental History of Africa.
- From November 2005 to May 2006: Conducting field interviews at Kariakoo (Dar es Salaam) for a research paper titled: A History of Displacement of Zaramo People from the Dar es Salaam City Centre, 1970-2006.
- January, 2010: Collecting oral data at Tabata Kimanga in Dar es Salaam for a paper titled: The Rise of Urban Settlements at Tabata-Darajani, 1960 to Present.
- From October 2009 to February 2010: collecting archival and oral data for MA (History) Dissertation under supervision of Prof. Frederick Kaijage the title of which is Land Conflicts in Moshi-Rural District, 1930-2000 (now available at East Africana, University of Dar es Salaam main library).
- From July-August 2014: Working as a research assistant on a research project titled Religion and Political Change in Tanzania that was organized by the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Certificate of participation award by TAHOSSA DSM Regional Instructional Materials Exhibition Commettee at St. Anthony’s Secondary School-Mbagala Dar es Salaam, July 28th, 2007.
- Family Life Action Trust (FLAT) Certificate of participation in Youth Adult Partnership Training, November 16th, 2007.